Excessive heat is not only damaging to your technology and equipment, it is actually damaging to workplace productivity as well. Per OSHA (Occupational Health and Safety Administration) rules, business owners must ensure that a safe working environment is provided for workers, and that reasonable accommodations be made if need be. Business and building owners can prevent heat-related complications by installing proper ventilation in their buildings and work areas.
Keeping the Air Moving
Letting air sit still and stagnate is not a good thing for any space, and it is especially bad when folks are trying to work. Scientific studies have proven this many times over the years. Keeping the indoor temperature around 71 degrees Fahrenheit and increasing ventilation to create better indoor air quality can actually increase job performance. Some things that you can do to accomplish this in your building are:
- Using exhaust fans in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Increase ventilation when painting and waxing floors.
- Keep your external intake vents away from waste collection and parking areas.
- Adding a dehumidifier to your HVAC system.
Evaluating Workplace Ventilation
Ultimately, a licensed HVAC contractor will give you the best idea of the state of your current ventilation system, but there are a few preliminary things you can evaluate to see if it’s time to call in an expert.
- Does productivity decrease during summer months?
- Has anyone remarked that the air inside the workspace is too still?
- Do you use a lot of tech that produces heat or is at risk of overheating?
- Does your facility have manufacturing processes that produce a lot of condensation?
- Does your business use equipment that needs to remain cool in order to function properly?
We Are Proud of the Company We Keep
William E. Kingswell has remained a distinguished provider of commercial and residential heating and cooling services since 1927. We have provided an unmatched level of customer service to all of our clients, and we enjoy being the preferred HVAC equipment distributor of countless customers. We offer a comprehensive range of high-quality heat pumps, boilers, unit heaters, HVAC accessories, and more. William E. Kingswell works with businesses and homeowners throughout Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Virginia, including Baltimore, Frederick, Annapolis, Fairfax, Manassas, Richmond, Fredericksburg, Virginia Beach, and Leesburg. To learn more about our extensive range of SpacePak, Concord, Allied Commercial, and Bard HVAC equipment, give us a call at 301-937-1900 or contact us today!