Hiring an HVAC contractor is a big decision since the work that they do will keep your home comfortable for years to come or leave you sweating out the hottest days of the year. What questions should you ask before hiring an HVAC contractor?
Questions You Should Ask
- How much experience do you have? You should make sure that they have the proper licensing and insurance to work in your state. You should also ensure that they have experience working on your HVAC system.
- Do they have any testimonials or referrals? A good HVAC contractor should be able to supply you with a variety of referrals and testimonials from happy customers. If you aren’t able to get much feedback, you can also research the business with a local trade organization.
- Are they offering any rebates or special offers? Especially during the offseason, many wholesalers and contractors are able to offer great rebates and deals on awesome systems. Since a heating and cooling system is such a big investment, it makes sense that you would want to get as much out of your investment as possible! Don’t be afraid to ask for deals and specials.
- Do they have Energy Star rated products? Energy Star is a marker of efficiency, and many HVAC systems today carry the Energy Star label. Many Energy Star products are also eligible for special rebates.
- Can they provide an itemized and written estimate on company invoices? The most trustworthy contractors are true business owners, so they will be able to provide you with an itemized invoice that explains exactly what everything costs, including parts and labor.
- Do they provide competitive rates? Never look just for the cheapest option. Instead, look for a contractor that has reasonable rates worth the expertise and quality you are getting. Choosing the cheapest option can backfire, but choosing a reasonable estimate is perfectly okay!
We Are Proud of the Company We Keep
William E. Kingswell has remained a distinguished provider of commercial and residential heating and cooling services since 1937. We have provided an unmatched level of customer service to all of our clients, and we enjoy being the preferred HVAC equipment distributor of countless customers. We offer a comprehensive range of high-quality heat pumps, boilers, unit heaters, HVAC accessories, and more. William E. Kingswell works with businesses and homeowners throughout Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Virginia, including Baltimore, Frederick, Annapolis, Fairfax, Manassas, Richmond, Fredericksburg, Virginia Beach, and Leesburg. To learn more about our extensive range of SpacePak, Concord, Allied Commercial, and Bard HVAC equipment, give us a call at 301-937-1900 or contact us today!
We’re social! For all of the latest updates, “like” and “follow” us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn!