The ductwork in your home is critical in ensuring that your HVAC systems are working correctly. Ductwork comprises a method of vents and pathways throughout your home that delivers the cool or warm air from your HVAC systems into every room. For ductwork to work efficiently and maintain the comfort level in your home for you and your loved ones, it needs to be appropriately maintained. This includes having your ductwork professionally cleaned.
What Happens When Ductwork Gets Dirty?
When ductwork becomes dirty, it can push out odors, dirt, indoor air pathogens, mold, and more into every room throughout your home. Without question, dirty air ducts are a simple and easy way to harm your indoor air quality negatively.
How Often Should I Have My Ductwork Cleaned?
Contaminants can build up at different speeds. This can depend on the usage and location of your ducts. HVAC experts recommend having your ductwork inspected and cleaned by a professional every three to five years.
Why Is Ductwork Cleaning Needed?
- Better Efficiency: When dirt and debris collect in your ductwork, it could blog pathways, causing your systems to work harder, which will cause an increase in energy bills. This also will wear on your HVAC system.
- Indoor Air Quality – When your ducts are dirty, it can also be a health concern. Especially if anyone in your home has asthma, allergies, or similar conditions, the buildup of dust, mold, dirt, and allergens is a significant factor for duct-related health concerns.
The Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning
Ask anyone who cleans air ducts, and they’ll tell you that the dust in your vents is surprising. Air duct cleaning can offer several benefits, including:
- Reduced dust circulating in your home
- Reduced allergens and airborne irritants
- Improved airflow and proper ventilation
We Are Proud of the Company We Keep
William E. Kingswell has been a distinguished commercial and residential heating and cooling service provider since 1937. We have provided unmatched customer service to all of our clients. We enjoy being the preferred HVAC equipment distributor of countless customers. We offer a comprehensive range of high-quality heat pumps, boilers, unit heaters, HVAC accessories, and more. William E. Kingswell works with businesses and homeowners throughout Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Virginia, including Baltimore, Frederick, Annapolis, Fairfax, Manassas, Richmond, Fredericksburg, Virginia Beach, and Leesburg. To learn more about our extensive range of SpacePak, Concord, Allied Commercial, and Bard HVAC equipment, call us at 301-937-1900 or contact us today.